Sunday, April 28, 2013

Tasting-Rioja Antano Tempranillo Garcia Carrion

Name: Rioja Antano Tempranillo Garcia Carrion
Variety: Tampranillo
Region: Rioja
Country: Spain
Year: 2010
Price: $9.95
   
Winery review:  The wine is a bright but deep magenta, and offers a nose of mint, tobacco and ripe black fruits. On the palate you'll find ripe red berries and a full-body with a rich velvety texture, cleansing acidity and minimal dusty tannins. Bright, fresh and fun to drink, it ends with a long and satisfying finish. This is the biggest selling wine in Spain. (04/24/2013- http://www.garciacarrion.us/ficha-us-Antano_Tempranillo.php)

My review: I had this wine at Bordeaux's in Blacksburg during their Wine Wednesday Happy Hour. This wine had a nose of dark berries, like raspberries and cherries, but were not super strong. I really liked how this wine tasted because it was not super sweet. I was having a sweeter white wine before this, so I was tired of the sweetness of the wine before. I also had their gumbo yaya soup and spinach crab dip with this wine. The wine went down very smooth, however it definitely did not have as much body to the wine as I would have liked. I thought it paired really well with the spice in the sausage of the soup.

No comments:

Post a Comment