Sunday, April 14, 2013

Tasting- Caprice de Bastor-Lamontagne

Name: Caprice de Bastor-Lamontagne
Variety: 60% Semillon, 36% Sauvignon Blanc, and 4% Muscadelle
Region: Sauternes
Country: France
Year: 2004
Price: $7.95
   
Winery review:  Very clean, with lemon, mineral and honey aromas that follows through to a medium body. Shows vanilla, apple and melon flavors, with a medium finish. Lightly sweet.(04/11/2013- Vintage Cellar, Blacksburg, VA)

My review:This wine had an extreme smell of lemon drops. It tasted very sweet, sugary, and had hints of honey flavors as well. I have never tasted any type of wine like this before. It is definitely too sweet for me and could not drink a lot of it. I did not have any food with this wine tasting, and I am not sure what kind of food could possibly be paired with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment