Saturday, February 2, 2013

Tasting- Mars and Venus Chardonnay

Name: Mars and Venus Chardonnay
Variety: Chardonnay
Region: Vino de la Tierra de Castrilla
Country: Spain
 Year: 2011
 Price: $5.95

Winery review: A very nice value Chardonnay that comfortably over-delivers vs. its modest price tag. No oak here, just bushels of clean, crisp, Chardonnay apple and stone fruit with a hint of caramelized pineapple. Juicy and clean, this is a mid-weight white that's just perfect for parties or weeknight sipping. (01/31/2013- Vintage Cellar, Blacksburg, VA)

My review: I really liked this white wine, because it was right in between of not being too sweet or too dry. It was not super fruity, however I could slightly smell apple.I did not eat any food with this tasting, and I would definitely consider drinking this wine again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment