Thursday, March 21, 2013

Tasting-Cortenova Pinot Grigio

 Name: Cortenova Pinot Grigio
Variety: Pinot Grigio
Region: N/A
Country: Italy
Year: 2012
Price: $7.95
   
Winery review:  Brilliant straw color with emerald reflections. Fresh and floral bouquet with a hint of pears, apricots and bananas. Fresh and inviting with bright fruit and an easy drinking style with a pleasing hint of almonds in the aftertaste. Pairs well with seafood dishes, risottos with scampi, spaghetti with clams, sole in white wine. Perfect also as an aperitif.(03/21/2013- Vintage Cellar, Blacksburg, VA)

My review:This white wine had a pear nose. I was very light and fruity as well. It also had a tingling aftertaste. I have always liked Pinot Grigio and I liked this one as well. I did not have any food with this wine tasting.

No comments:

Post a Comment